The past couple of days have been a rollercoaster. So far:

• It has snowed for two days in a row.
  • My grandparent’s sub-pump caved in leaving a huge hole in their backyard.
  • The same grandparents whose sub-pump caved in were exposed to Covid-19 and were quarantined.
  • Three days ago those grandparents who were exposed texted positive for Coronavirus.

Let me give you the whole story:

Thanksgiving was two days away and everybody was excited to gobble up the turkey (That was supposed to be a joke) and gather with family and friends. But, around lunchtime on Thanksgiving eve, my dad got a call from our grandparents that their sub-pump has caved in and they called the plumber who told them not to go to the bathroom or take a long shower. Ok, whatever, Thanksgiving at our house, no big deal right? That’s what I thought as well. Until, later in the afternoon, we get a call from the same grandparents saying that they have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 so they must quarantine for two weeks. Luckily, we hadn’t been around them recently so we wouldn’t have to quarantine. Ok, well, Thanksgiving at our house, by ourselves. Then, literally, three days ago we learned that my grandpa had tested positive for Coronavirus. So, we have two grandparents that live five minutes away and we haven’t seen them since the day before Thanksgiving.  Well, I’m thankful that 2020 is almost over.

Please comment about how your Thanksgiving plans changed this year and how you plan to celebrate Christmas!

One thought on “Thanksgiving 2020”

1. Hi Addie! Great post!

I spent Thanksgiving with my grandparents this year. I was SUPER stuffed by the way LOL. I plan to celebrate Christmas with my mom’s side of the family and my dad’s as always. I hope you have a Merry Christmas! 🙂

-Alivia 😉